We are looking to hire Video Editor, who will be responsible for Corporate product marketing Video and Content editing.
In-depth knowledge of video editing software with the ability to evaluate a video footage, make decisions on choice of clips or as per client preferences, and assembles them into a coherent video output that tells a story or presents a viewpoint as per the brief.
Should have expert knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods including creating storyboards, special effects, animation, or other visual images using video, computers, or other electronic tools and media for use in corporate/marketing videos and product demos.
1) Cut shot sequences to different angles at specific points in scenes, making each individual cut as fluid and seamless as possible.
2) Study scripts to become familiar with production concepts and requirements.
3) Edit films and videotapes to insert music, dialogue, and sound effects, to arrange films into sequences, and to correct errors, using editing equipment.
4) Select and combine the most effective shots of each scene in order to form a logical and smoothly running story.
5) Mark frames where a particular shot or piece of sound is to begin or end.
6) Determine the specific audio and visual effects and music necessary to complete films.
7) Verify key numbers and time codes on materials.
8) Organize and string together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts and/or the instructions of directors and producers.
9) Review assembled films or edited videotapes on screens or monitors in order to determine if corrections are necessary.
10) Program computerized graphic effects.
11) Review footage sequence by sequence in order to become familiar with it before assembling it into a final product.
12) Set up and operate computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units in order to produce a final product.
13) Record needed sounds, or obtains them from sound effects libraries.
14) Confer with producers and directors concerning layout or editing approaches needed to increase dramatic or entertainment value of productions.
15) Manipulate plot, score, sound, and graphics to make the parts into a continuous whole, working closely with people in audio, visual, music, optical and/or special effects departments.
16) Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in film editing, assembling, and recording activities.
17) Trim film segments to specified lengths, and reassemble segments in sequences that present stories with maximum effect.
18) Develop post-production models for films.
19) Piece sounds together to develop film soundtracks
-In-depth knowledge of video editing software like Adobe Premiere with skills in editing and compiling footage with and without audio is essential.
-Strong creative thinking, exhibiting a range or varied styles and techniques.
-Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
-Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
-Creative mind and storytelling skills
-Ability to create high quality content from a loose or constrained brief with attention to details.
Copyright © 2013 Job Switch. All rights reserved